Program evaluation, an essential management tool, is a process of collecting information to assess performance to inform policy and planning. It is key to continuous improvement as a way to document successes, improve a program, build knowledge about what works best, and help justify future efforts.
Qsource uses formalized, evidence-based approaches to study and assess projects, policies and programs.
- help clearly state the objectives of a program;
- measure successes;
- use varied data to build logical arguments around what should be done to continue and improve a program;
- document program strengths;
- identify problems and solutions;
- bring new insights to program procedures and issues;
- help informing policy options.