The MIPS 2018 Data Submission Period is Now Open
MIPS Eligible Clinicians Can Start Submitting Data for 2018 through April 2
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has officially opened the data submission period for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians who participated in Year 2 (2018) of the Quality Payment Program (QPP). With the exceptions noted in the paragraph below, data can be submitted and updated any time from Jan. 2, 2019 to April 2, 2019.
Please note, CMS Web Interface users need to report their Quality performance category data between Jan. 22 and March 22, 2019. Also, for clinicians who reported Quality measures via Medicare Part B claims throughout the 2018 performance year, we’ll receive your quality data from claims processed by your Medicare Administrative Contractor, and claims for services furnished during 2018 must be processed within 60 days after the end of the 2018 performance period.
How to Submit Your 2018 MIPS Data
Clinicians will follow the steps outlined below to submit their data:
- Go to the Quality Payment Program website
- Log-in using your QPP access credentials (see below for directions)
- Submit your MIPS data for Year 2 (2018)
How to Log In to the Quality Payment Program Data Submission System
To log in and submit data, clinicians will need to use the new HCQIS Authorization Roles and Profile (HARP) system. Previously, clinicians received their credentials through the Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) system. Clinicians are encouraged to log in early to familiarize themselves with the system.
- Previous EIDM Accounts: For all clinicians who previously had an EIDM account, you were automatically transitioned to HARP, and will use your existing EIDM user ID and password to sign in to the QPP website.
- New Clinicians: For all clinicians who didn’t have an EIDM account, you’ll need to enroll with HARP. For a step-by-step guide to signing up for a HARP account, refer to the QPP Access User Guide.
Note: Clinicians who are not sure if they are eligible to participate in the Quality Payment Program can check their eligibility status using the QPP Participation Status Tool.
For More Information