If you have Medicare, you have certain guaranteed rights and protections.
You have these rights whether you have the Original Medicare Plan (with or without a Medigap policy) or a Medicare Advantage Plan.
You have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect at all times
- Be protected from discrimination
- Get information about Medicare that you can understand to help you make health care decisions
- Have your questions about the Medicare Program answered
- Culturally competent services
- Get emergency care when and where you need it
- Learn about all of your treatment choices in clear language that you can understand
- File a complaint
- Know Your Medicare Appeal Rights
- Have your health information that Medicare collects about you kept private
- Know the health information privacy rights.
For additional information, visit www.medicare.gov
This page is paid for by our Medicare QIO Program Contract.
Download this publication which lists your rights as a person with Medicare. (44 pages)Download file