CMS has posted 5 continuing medical education (CME) modules on Alternative Payment Models (APMs). You can access them by logging into your Medicare Learning Network (MLN) account or creating one here. Once logged in, type the name of the module into the search bar at the top of the website to find it.
The new APMs CME modules include:
- Quality Payment Program 2019 Overview – Provides information on the origin and objectives of the program as well as an overview of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced APMs.
- Transitioning to an Advanced APM: 2019 Update – Details the benefits and features of Advanced APM participation, how to prepare to join an Advanced APM, and CMS resources to help with the transition.
- Quality Payment Program for Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) APMs in 2019 – Provides an overview of MIPS APMs, the benefits of MIPS APM participation, and the reporting criteria.
- Quality Payment Program for Advanced APMs in 2019 – Identifies the different Advanced APMs for the 2019 performance period, details Advanced APM participation and reporting requirements, and provides information on achieving Qualifying APM Participant (QP) status.
- Quality Payment Program: All-Payer Combination Option in 2019 – Explains the All-Payer Combination Option, criteria for Other Payer Advanced APM participation, and QP determinations under the All-Payer Combination Option.
For More Information
- Visit the CMS.gov MLN Web-Based Training webpage and log in to MLN to access the modules.
- Visit the QPP Resource Library to review new and existing QPP resources.
Contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222). To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 AM and after 2 PM ET.