It is the home stretch of MIPS for 2019. You should have started working on Promoting Interoperability (PI) and your Improvement Activities by now. You will want to run your PI reports at least once a month or even better every two weeks.
If you are having trouble with the PI category, you do have the option of using a Hardship Exception. You can find the form here. This allows you to skip the PI category and have those points re-weighted to the Quality category.
Here is a good list to be ready. If you have any problems or questions, please reach out.
- Verify you have the 2015 certified version of your EHR. Be sure to check your version, and if it is not 2015 certified, request an upgrade. It must be upgraded by Dec. 31, 2019
- Assess practice readiness and ability to report.
- Select measures for each category.
- Choose whether to submit data as an individual or as a part of a group.
- Choose the submission method and verify its capabilities.
- Verify the information needed to report successfully.
- Ensure patient care is properly documented in medical record/Coded on claims.
- Submit data between Jan. 1 – March 31, 2020.
You can reach us at 1-844-205-5540 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT or email us if you have questions or need assistance.