Improving Nursing Home Quality Initiative
Qsource encourages nursing homes to join us in this initiative to enhance the quality of care delivered. Through technical assistance, innovative tools and team training, Qsource helps nursing homes maximize star ratings, improve state survey results and avoid costly penalties.
- Improved annual survey outcomes
- Reduced payment penalities
- Improved Total Quality Scores
- Higher value-based reimbursement
- Improved MDS coding
- Fewer infections and adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Fewer emergency department visits and hospital readmissions
Who should get involved?
Identifying and addressing care concerns are essential in making improvement and involves incorporating knowledge and experience from a variety of care providers, such as:
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Nursing Home Corporation Representatives
- Directors of Nursing
- Medical Directors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Front line staff including CNAs, RNs, LPNs, QMAs, Activities staff, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Marketing and Admissions, Business Office, Social Workers, MDS Coordinators
- Infection Control Nurses, Wound Care Nurses
- Residents and Families – including resident council members
The assistance we provide is free.
Reduced Time and Administrative Burden
- Assistance with National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) enrollment, implementation and continued reporting of Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) programs
- Total Quality Score improvement
- Utilization of Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER) data and quality measure reports
- Avoid reimbursement and value-based purchasing penalties
- Assist in proper coding of Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments
Data and Benchmarking Assistance
- Data reports for peer-to-peer evaluation and comparison
- Data review assistance to identify opportunities
- Easily track and trend quality measures data
- Reduce 30-day readmission, emergency department visits and observation stays
- Increase positive annual survey results
- Recognition for performance improvement
Free Tools, Resources and Education
- On-demand learning online
- In-person technical assistance
- Best practice educational resources and tools
- Antibiotic stewardship and QAPI programs training
- Assistance with annual survey readiness
- Peer mentoring opportunities
Improved Resident Outcomes by:
- Increasing awareness of appropriate emergency department use
- Heightening awareness of medication regimen
- Enhancing patient and family engagement in their healthcare journey
- Decreasing transfers to the acute setting
- Safer and better health outcomes for residents
Participation is voluntary. However, we ask that participants commit to the following:
- Collect, review and share data (real-time and/or provided) to determine opportunities for improvement efforts and educational needs.
- Participate in virtual meetings and Learning and Action Network events.
- Review data reports to determine improvement efforts and additional technical assistance and educational opportunities needs.
- Take advantage of resources, training and/or education.
- Implement improvement interventions.
- Identify resources designed to safely deter the residents’ need for emergency department transferal.